Elisity's identity engine automatically learns about and onboards devices on the network. In some scenarios you may want to manually onboard a single device or bulk onboard multiple devices.
Onboarding a single device
- On the Devices page, select Onboard Device and select Add Device.
- On the slide out pane, fill out the required fields to identify the device and select Submit. The more fields you fill out the more attributes you will have to leverage when classifying the device in a Policy Group.
If the Shared Services option is set to Yes, after the initial Policy Group classification is in effect the Policy Group will never change unless manually reclassified.
Onboarding multiple devices
- On the Devices page, select Onboard Device and select Add Multiple Devices.
- On the slide out pane, download the sample Excel spreadsheet and fill out the required fields to identify the device. The more fields you fill out the more attributes you will have to leverage when classifying the device in a Policy Group.
- After filling out the device details, upload the Excel spreadsheet by dragging and dropping it into the slide out pane or manually selecting it via the file browser and select Submit
- If any errors are present in the Excel spreadsheet you will be notified. You can make edits to the Excel spreadsheet to resolve the error or Skip and Proceed.
NOTE: If the Shared Services option is set to Yes, after the initial Policy Group classification is in effect the Policy Group will never change unless manually reclassified.
Bulk Editing for Devices
Administrators in Cloud Control Center have the ability to edit multiple devices simultaneously. This simple process starts with first selecting the assets that you want to edit by clicking the checkboxes to the left of each device, then clicking "Bulk Edit" directly above the selected assets.
Clicking "Bulk Edit" opens an editing panel that looks very similar to the standard device edit panel, with several additional options.
Any shared attributes across the selected devices will be shown. For example, our selected devices all have Vendor: VMware in common. Any attribute fields that do not share the same data will show "Mixed" in the data field. If there is no data in a field shared across the selected devices, the attribute field will be empty.
There are several ways to bulk edit the selected devices:
1. Clear a data field across all selected devices
To clear a data field across all the selected devices, click the "X" icon next to the attribute field.
2. Reset an attribute field to "Default"
You can reset an attribute field that has been modified to the original values for each asset by hovering over the data field and clicking the "Reset to Default" button. This will return the value to the original value before modifications were made for all selected devices.
3. Modify a data field across all selected devices
The most common use case is applying an attribute across the selected devices using the Bulk Edit feature. To achieve this, simply select an attribute field and enter a new value to be applied to all selected devices.