Elisity supports simple API connectivity to ServiceNow CMDB as a method to enrich device discovery and identity.
API credentials for the ServiceNow instance
- API Key (If using Key based API connection) for the ServiceNow instance
1. Log into Elisity Cloud Control Center and enable the ServiceNow Connector by navigating to Connectors on the left menu bar. Select + IDP\Connectors.
2. Select Configure on the ServiceNow connector tile in the list that pops up on the right side of the screen.
3. If leveraging Username/Password based API connectivity. enter the ServiceNow API URL, the Username and Password for the ServiceNow instance and select Submit.
(Click to enlarge)
4. If leveraging API Key based API connectivity, enter the ServiceNow API URL, then enter "apikey" in the username field and then enter the API key value in the password field and select Submit.
5. After the connector has been configured it should show Active on the main connector page in Cloud Control Center.
6. Select the three dots next to the connector and then select Sync CMDB (ServiceNow) to bulk import all of the ServiceNow defined assets into the Elisity device asset inventory.
7. In the Elisity Device inventory, devices that were discovered by ServiceNow will show Discovered By: ServiceNow.
8. Device attributes learned by ServiceNow will show a ServiceNow logo next to them.
9. When creating a Policy Group you can select the attribute learned by ServiceNow such as CMDB Name as match criteria under Device > Model.
10. When creating a Policy Group you can select Device Known in CMDB under Device > CMDB Integration to make sure the match logic only executes if the device was learned by the ServiceNow connector.